What is the second most important aspect of a first blog post?

Obviously, the title is first. If the question made you want to read this, then I've done a pretty good job.

Moving swiftly on, I better give a brief introduction about myself. I'm Sean, a university student from London who has an interest in cars and tech. this is my first post on a personal blog, a place to showcase content online without being restricted to a few characters. This isn't new for me, I was fond of posting of weekly, sometimes daily, updates on Facebook when I started using it around 5 years ago. Nowadays I'm not fond of using the platform to share items publicly. Facebook remains a convenient platform, but it has lost its cool for me.

What does cool mean though?

Cool is such a vague word, there is no definitive answer for what cool is. I haven't looked up what it means as of writing, but from what I can tell, cool is used to describe something an individual is interested in and wants to be recognised for being associated with it.  However, what one person may find as cool may be not be to someone else's taste, so you can't really pinpoint what cool is.

If you have heard the song Cool Kids by Echosmith, you'll see where I am coming from. The song describes things which would be seen as cool if you were the average teenager in an American high school. However, not everyone would want to be seen as driving fast cars and live life in the fast lane (but as a petrolhead, I certainly would!)




I figured now would be a good time to create a blog because I see it as a way to express yourself and fabricate a personal brand online. To ensure I have fun blogging, I will post things I perceive as cool, or interesting to read. I'm not sure how often I will update my blog; my next post could be in two hours. Or two days. Or two weeks. Or it could be something I end up abandoning after this post because I can't think of anything worth displaying. Hopefully that won't be the case.

I reckon I've discovered the secondary element; creating cool content. If you perceive being cool the same way I do, we're off to a good start!

Comments